1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie - need contract help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by westbrooklawn, Dec 19, 2003.

1. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

I am about to provide my first quote to a local church for snow removal, ice control, and landscape maintenance. The landscape maintenance part is no problem, but I need help with a contract/proposal for the snow and ice portion. I also have several residential drives I want to service.

Can anyone provide me a copy of a standard contract for plowing and ice control? I am particularly interested in the liability language, and language for "retainer" fees......since snow in this area is infrequent I want to be quaranteed something to cover my expense for being "ready to serve".

This is a great site, and everyone seems very helpful. Thanks in advance for helping me get off on the right foot!!
  2. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

To the top......anyone can help? Would be greatly appreciated.
  3. indianabc

indianabc Member

Alot of discussion has occured on the subject - and some of it I started just a little while ago. I had the same problem - contracts are tough! Do a search - you will come up with a lot of information, so much that you will have to study it over several days I bet. It appears that a lot of people do not like answering broad questions. Do some searches, gather some knowledge from that, and them come back with specific questions. You will get a lot of answers then. I can tell you from my own expericience - JOIN SIMA! I joined and Grace at SIMA asked me what do you need right now? I told her help with contracts. When I go back to the office she had faxed over probably 25 different contracts for me to look at and use if I wanted. She also hooked me up with a mentor in a different city and he faxed his contract and told me what he liked and didn't like.

Good Luck!
  4. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

indianabc - Thanks for some good advice. I will investigate joining SIMA!