1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie looking for some suggestions on the right plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by servelectrical, Jun 26, 2015.

1. servelectrical

servelectrical Junior Member

I picked up a 97 Tahoe from a friend, its in good shape and im currently putting a new trans in it. I'm looking to add a plow to it because i live on a dead end and get hammered with the village plows. At the end of a snow storm, i have a 8-10' mound at the entrance to my long driveway. I don't plan on using it for commercial applications, so it would be light duty. Should i go with a light duty plow like Meyer? Western? Used? Would i have to add airbags for the front suspension? Thanks!!!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What dealers are in your area? Might be able to get a nice 7.6" used

Your truck does not offer much in the aftermarket front suspension. Might look at timbrens.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

get a midwieght ultramount western
  4. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

You may want to wait on the release of the new Boss HTX plow. The specs on their website says its between 450-500 pounds. A nice used plow would be fine too, it just depends on your budget.
  5. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

The biggest thing I would say is make sure you have dealer product support. There is nothing worse than when something goes wrong you have no one to turn to for help.