1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie looking for help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by F250proplow, Dec 9, 2010.

1. F250proplow

F250proplow Junior Member
    from WI

I have acquired a 7.5' unimount pro-plow from a guy that had given up on it. The plow is probably from the early 80's I'm guessing. It came off a 91 F250 and I'm wanting to put it on my 85 F250. I already know that the mount is the same I'm looking for some repair opinions. The plow is in need of some work as it would stick the valves when turning it side to side. I have been told that due to the stops being worn down the rams have been allowed to bottom out and consequently the packing nuts on the end of the cylinders have been coming apart contaminating the system. This debris then gets into the valves causing them to stick. The pivot pin must be shot also as there is a lot of play. Can I buy just the end of the A-frame and cut it off and weld a new one back on or do I have to rebuild my old one or buy it all new. The frames pin holes are somewhat wobbled out but not as bad. Should I fill in all the frame holes with weld and re-drill them or just the ones that are bad. Could all the debris be flushed without having the pump rebuilt? What would the best procedure be? How much and work and money am I looking at to get this rebuilt? Any info/help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    F250proplow

2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

you can get new A frames for them for fairly good price