1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie looking for a little advice on plow set up

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by awdls2, Jul 18, 2010.

1. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

first off just want to say hi as a new guy to the fourm

so my question is this i just bought my first plow truck a 95 chevy 1500 it came with a uninstalled 7 1/2 foot fisher conventional hydrolic plow complete except for an crank pully and pump bracket. best as i can find these parts are gonna run me $150. I just found a complete minute mount 1 electic for my truck in great shape for 800 it has everything including push plates...

Is it worth the upgrade ive been hearing mixed reveiws about the minute mount 1 set ups what do u guys think?

Thanks in advance
  2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

i want my truck back :p i got the same truck but a 96 1500, i got 1978 fisher speed cast and its worked great now going on its 3rd season now.

what i heard is its better for mm to be on paved driveway than a gravel driveway (which is what i have) but i can put the speed cast on it in about 5-10 mins depending on the weather

i got pump bracket threw fisher for $50 i think it was.
  3. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

ok thanks for the input...

anyone else got any opionions
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Keep the Quik Switch they are alot faster to hhok up than the MM1.