1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie in middletown ohio trying to get work!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by freshcoat, Aug 21, 2010.

1. freshcoat

freshcoat Junior Member

Hello there my name is ricky and im a fairly new buisness owner. I started a asphalt sealcoating company around two years ago and am looking to plow snow this winter for the first time. I am willing to buy truck and plow if i can get work. Not sure about how to get work but it looks like my best bet would be to sub for other guys. If any body around the cincinnati, dayton area is looking for a person like me or has any leads to getting work , all information and advise would be greatly appreciated. thank you

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I would think that being in the sealcoating biz that you could land crap loads of work. I mean, don't you have contacts for jobs you've done? Drives, lots, etc??

3. freshcoat

freshcoat Junior Member

Yeah ive been kicking myself for not mentioning the snow removal to these buisnesses and home owners. This is my first year plowing and didnt mention it because ive been up in the air for a few years about doing it. This summer was slow and am trying to make up for it this winter.

4. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Vienna Forest in Middletown, Ohio is now accepting bids for snow removal for the 2010-2011 season.
    Corporate offices are pushing for a MONTHLY FEE -vs- per plow price.
    For more information please call(513)727-1124. Ask for Dawn Mayfield.

Maybe give this a shot.

5. chugbug

chugbug Junior Member
    from Ohio

I'm down in West Chester myself, so not too far from you. Look into getting into AK Steel. You may get sub'ed out with a firm, but it should be steady work when the snow falls. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to get started up myself and head out this winter or next. What type of rig you running?

6. freshcoat

freshcoat Junior Member

im new to this thread thing but i want to thank theshoemaker for the lead. that was a huge help and if i can do anything in return i most certainly will. Ill probably be running a 97 silverado 1/2 ton 4*4 for now. Still have to get a plow and watnot. Just getting started so dont have the best equipment. keep me updated on the ak steel thing. that would be great. i know a few guys that work down there. i worked as a subcontracter for 6 years doing maintenance there so maybe could help you out.

7. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

im in west chester with a middletown zip. I'll ask my partner if he needs any subs.

8. chugbug

chugbug Junior Member
    from Ohio

I have a cincinnati zip in west chester.

9. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Don't you have a customer list? Why don't you send them all a letter thanking them for their business and letting them know that you now offer snow services as well, and would be more than happy to provide them with a bid....If they were happy with your work, it should be pretty easy to sign them up.

Welcome to Plowsite :drinkup:

10. freshcoat

freshcoat Junior Member

SHOW-N-GO: that would be great and very much appreciated. my number is 513-571-5908 and my name is ricky. if you hear anything just give me a ring.
    ASPS4U: I just took your advice and sent out an mass email to the buisnesses i have serviced. Thanks again to everybody you all have been a great help. We all got to start somewhere!

11. chrisbolte

chrisbolte Junior Member

I am also in West Chester and usually have 3-4 subs work for me. If I pick up any jobs or a sub falls through I will let you know. Chris