1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Hey everyone

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by extremerider44, Feb 16, 2004.

1. extremerider44

extremerider44 Junior Member

Hey everyone i am new here name is nick was looking into getting into the snow plow business with my best friend kenny he has a 96 f250 and i got a 98 GMC sonoma Highrider I know my truck is not that strong looking into getting a new one something bigger i rally want to start off small like driveways and walkways and stuff like that I been working with my uncle lately plowing doing stuff here and there he has a 99 F250 that he has been letting me use and i am getting to learn the ropes had some questions
    Are fisher plows good ?

should a get a snowblower for walkways?

and what else equipment do i need to get started

and was wondering can u guys give me any tips or opinions would be great

Thanks for your time be cool Nick

2. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Hey Nick! Welcome to Plowsite!

3. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite:waving:

To answer your questions a fisher plow would be great for the size truck you have. Just remember that with a smaller truck you have to be much more careful. Speed can be good but with speed comes possible damage to truck if you catch on something. For sidewalks i would get a snowblower. It helps out allot and shoveling can get old and tiring fast plus its a slower process. Toro makes a great single-stage snowblower that is very popular with some of the plowers on this site. Something that you should bring along while plowing is coffee to keep you awake, an emergency kit for your plow encase something happens in the middle of your rout, and warning light if you local law requires it. The king of all tips though that i can give you is read as many threads as possible. Even ones that look kinda dumb at first can end up teaching you allot.

Good luck and have fun plowing

4. evil snowman

evil snowman Member

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

fisher is a great plow for your truck you might wanna get a western or a meyer 7ft maxium blade size

6. extremerider44

extremerider44 Junior Member

:waving: thanks everyone appericate the help i just want to start off slow and work my way from there i have been reading alot of threads on here all day today the people on here a really informinative on certain things and looks like i can make some good payup on doing the plowing thing thanks everyone be cool nick

:gunsfiring:

7. yeah, just hang out here and read. Read a lot! That's what I did and you wouldn't believe how much you can learn. You'll be ready for next year if you stay here.