1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Here.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jphag, Dec 10, 2007.

1. jphag

jphag Junior Member

I am considering getting into snow removal but don't know much about it. I have a 94 GMC Sierra 4x4 long bed. Some questions are?

1. Recommend a good blade for this truck.

2. Do you recommend buying a used blade?

3. I heard plowing is extremely hard on your truck.

4. What do you need to charge to cover all expenses involved.

5. I have a lot of small drives 2 cars wide approx 40 feet long and there isn't any where to push the snow, so what do you do with the snow.

6. Would it be better to have a snow blower for small drives.

7. I have noticed alot of guys say they never get out of their truck so what about the sidewalks and areas you can't get with a plow.

Anything else you can offer would be appreciated:):):)

Thanks,

2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

IMO Try to be a sub-contractor for a company for a season.You will find out pretty darn quick if you want to get into it. And its a heck of a lot cheaper both equip./learning curve wise.

3. scitown

scitown Senior Member

ummmm

I have never plowed. I am also new at this. First off what size is your truck? Second I think after reading this site for the last two days I can answer most of your questions. I have never plowed! Use the search and put in some effort. Good luck

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

He is correct . Up above there is a grey shaded line full of

userCf Faq Product showcase SEARCH it will learn you quickly.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

truck push snow, with no place to push snow maybe a snowblower would be better.
    A 40' driveway.... your truck with plow is over 1/2 the length of the driveway.