1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie here with an S10

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bradman0087, Oct 26, 2007.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

Hello i am new here and this is my first 4by4 truck.. i have a 2002 chevy s10 crew cab with the Zr5 i am wondering how good this truck will be in the winter? i am used to driving a honda civic in the winter. I plan on buying some new BFG all terrain ta/ko's before the winter hits. i am also considering a snow plow is it worth the money or will it be a waste of time to plow with this truck(not commerically) i dont want to tear it up. i like the set up of the Sno Way plows the best so far any advice. thankyou brad
  2. Bowlerdude

Bowlerdude Junior Member

A plow on a S-10 truck is a recipe for disaster. On the plus side that truck should handle the Winter Weather well with good tires and its 4 Wheel Drive.

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Great truck to set up for plowing. Mounts are getting hard to find for them thought. I would start looking very soon for one if you plan on setting the truck up this season. Meyer did offer a mount for the ZR-2.
    :rolleyes: John...
  4. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

are S10's pretty good in the snow/winter this is my first 4by4 ever. i drove my civic every where accept for getting stuck last winter because my car is to low to the ground and the snow was just too deep. i decided to get this s10 4by4 i bought it off my buddy and he claims he never even spun wheels in the snow i am just getting other people opinons of chevy s10 4by4's in the snow.
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Brad, I would really suggest you do a "search" of old threads using the "Search" feature on the grey bar above the list of forums ( not the "search this forum" one) using "S10" to search for. There seems to a lot of differences among the varous types of S10's. I know one guy who put a plow on his S10 and could move about anything, But - he did a lot of beefing up the suspension (among other things). At the same time, I've also seen guys who had trouble plowing with an S10 because the frame and axles were so low - a lift kit was suggested. Somebody else I knew said his S10 simply didn't have enough "oomph" to get out of it's own way.
  6. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

i think differnt i hae 2 s10's with the plow set up on it and 2 fullsize with the plow i rather plow with the s10' the the full size

1- becuz the size
    2- turning ratio
  7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I may have a fisher Minute mount truck side frame mount for your S10. It came off a blazer from the same era, but I'm not sure if it fits the ZR series.