1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie here to plowsite...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TJS, Oct 25, 2003.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Hi,
    I am a newbie to plowsite and have been lurking here for a while and I must say I have gotten some good tips. I have been plowing since the 80's. I now have an 85 K-10 with a Fisher mount and a diamond plow. Before that I had a 79 k-5 blazer and that had no floors left by the time I was done with it. Just want to say hope to see a lot of snow this year...:)
    T.J.

www.tjsperformance.com -- if it does not exist we can make it...

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

welcome
    prepare to be entertained and educated at the same time

fisher mount with diamond blade
    sort of like a chevy with a ford motor

cardoctor

3. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite TJS. :waving: Your gonna love it here!

4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey TJ welcome to PS its good to see yet another CT member. It seems as if lately a lot of guys from CT have been joining the site. Enjoy all the useful information that is on the site here and be sure to check out the FAQ. Chuck put a lot of terrific information in there too.

Jay

5. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

TJS-

Welcome to plowsite. Nice to see another member here from connecticut and even in fairfield county. Too bad you didn't find out about this site sooner, there was just a bbq up off of I-91 that you would have liked.

I used to work for fairfield county plows out of fairfield last winter, he wanted me to come to work for him again this year but he's a character.

Enjoy the atmosphere here, use the search feature if you're not sure about something, you'll find more information than you'll know what to do with.

Bryan

6. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

welcome to another Connecticut member.

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite. :waving:

8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

welcome, enjoy your stay;)

9. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

welcome to plowsite :drinkup:

10. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks people. Hey SNOW, yes I know the owner of FFLD County snowplows since he was a kid. Check out my site. There maybe some info you guys may want to look at. I just finished fixing my cracked frame in my truck and while I was at it put Vortec heads on it as well.

www.tjsperformance.com

11. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

where was the crack
    at the steering box?

cardoctor

12. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I braced/plated the p/s box a while back when that was cracked. The cracks I fixed this time were about 4 inches behind the engine crossmember on both sides. I will post pics of this soon.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

13. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

hey tjs....welcome to the site. i checked out your website and was very interested in some stuff you had on there. from what it looks like, you do basically any type of fabricating:D in the spring i plan on getting a late 90s cobra or saleen mustang and am planning on supercharging or turboing it. do you do any type or performance mod installations or tuning?

14. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

MDB, if you are planning on going with a late 90s Cobra, then 98 is the year to get then. 96-98 were all identical, but the 98 had something the 96 and 97s didnt and that made the 98s a drop faster. I think something with the intake was different, some kind of runners. I know I read it somewhere in a Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine. 99 got the body change, and had alot of problems. There was no 00. 01 was the same as a 99, but with all the kinks worked out. There was no 02. 03 got the supercharger and the 6spd trans. My friend had one of these for a few months, white 03 coupe, then got rid of it for a new Chevy Suburban. His wife got pregnant, this will be their second kid, so the 03 Cobra got traded in for the SUV. I drove the 03 and it was very fast, but the exterior looks could be better. The hood was ugly, the rear wing didnt extend off the trunk, the wheels could have been nicer, and the rear black bumper insert looked out of place I think. All minor gripes, but for $35k, it should atleast look nicer than a GT! Mike :drinkup: :waving:

15. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite:waving:

16. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

mdb,
    I have done a lot of blower installs and have fixed other botched installs as well. I had to custom make billet brackets for a procharger that came out great. I will fab almost anything and work on almost anything. Hell I even fixed furniture (steel) and plant hangers..hehehe.

17. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

How about fabbing up either a turbo or supercharger setup for my 2001 3.SLOOOOOOW Ranger V6. Then maybe I won't sell it.

Jay

18. mdb landscaping

thanks for the reply tjs.....ill keep ya in mind this spring when i get a car. im always looking for somebody like you to fab up stuff for me.

19. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey MDB, you're welcome for my reply too. LOL! :D Mike

20. mdb landscaping

hey mike......your post was informative as well...... if you get bored and wanna talk cars, shoot me an im, screen name speedymdb. im always looking for more people to talk cars or landscaping with.