1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie here... Quad plows like this one - do they work well?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LaneW, Oct 13, 2010.

1. LaneW

LaneW Junior Member
    from Idaho

I'm looking at this quad to plow my driveway. I dont know a thing about quads or how well they work for plowing snow, so looking for some advice. Its a 2005 Honda Rancher AT. Almost new and a good price - I think?

[​IMG]

2. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

we have 3 of them for the winter to do sidewalks. a great investment! if you can negotiate a good price. pull the trigger!

3. LaneW

LaneW Junior Member
    from Idaho

Thanks.... you have the same type? What do you consider a good price?
    Can you tell from the pic if that blade is a decent one?

4. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

we have a couple of older (10 to 12 years old Kawasaki ATVs).... One of them is a 4 wheeler like the one in your pic.... the other is a heavy duty 6 wheeler with a little mini dump feature.... Anyway... on small rigs like these, a blade is a blade.. we're not talking serious applications here. It's not like an F450 with a Western Contractor Grade 9 foot plow, your know? Maybe look on EBay at other items similar or other auction sites to see what going rates are to something similar to the one you're looking at.

5. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

It depends on what you are plowing with it... my Polaris went through 2 clutches plowing my drive and a few friends

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My 2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 worked good for plowing. I don't plow a very big area with it, just a few places a can't fit my truck.