1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie here from NY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by woodchuck2, Dec 3, 2010.

1. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

New guy here from upstate NY, i have browsed here before looking for plow info but never joined. I have spoken with a bunch of other fella's from other sites and they have referred to this site several times so i thought i would join to see what this site is about. I have been plowing for others and myself on and off for about 20yrs now. I am an electrical contractor and i plow in the winter as a supplemental income. Previous to owning my own business i worked as a Corrections Officer, former GM Tech, Former Chrysler tech, former body shop tech, and worked as a snowmaker for many years for the local ski area. Site looks good so far and i hope to be of some help for others.......Paul

2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to PlowSite!

3. T.French

T.French Member

Welcome Paul.Also From Upstate Ny.Alot of good info on site.answered alot of my question over the years.

4. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Thanks for the welcomes. T.French, you guys have been getting hammered up there from what i hear. You folks never lack in the snow department. How much snow you got so far? All we have been getting is rain but i am sure that is over now. I just got my mini-ex out of a job site before it froze in. The mud was over 12" deep where i was working so i managed to get it out, cleaned up and rinsed the tracks in a water hole. Going to pick it up today before it gets snowed in, damn thing is a good 1/2 mile back in the woods.

5. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

Hey buddy! Welcome. I'm from near Binghamton, so a couple hours down from you.

6. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

From one fellow Upstater to another, welcome to P/S!

7. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Welcome Paul..........I'm sure you'll enjoy this site, as I do..........

8. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Welcome from Seneca County, the heart of the Finger Lakes region.

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!