1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Help

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BlackKnight07, Sep 6, 2011.

1. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

I'm a Newbie to plowing.

I Picked up at 07 F150 with a MD75 plow, Now i bought it from a dealer and of Course no info on the plow. I've done a few searches,apparently the wrong ones however. Have a few questions.

1. How can i tell by looking at the plow if it has a Trip Edge?
    2. Where can i find parts besides Snowdoggs Website and local dealer?
    3. What parts should i pickup before Snow Season begins?
    4. Is the Backdragg edge really worth the Money? Yes i will be doing all Residential atleast this year.
    5.Should i add weight to the Rear end to help with the front end sag?
    6. What type of Hydraulic fluid should i be using? I know Western etc has there own brand.
    7.. Any possible issue i should look at before the season begins. According the Dealer they had the plow serviced (It wouldn't move side to side) Only thing i know that was replaced was one of the Rams.

Sorry so many questions, little over whelmed right now and we all know winter will be here quickly.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

One other thing, take a video of you plowing for the first time!

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We stock 90% of the snow dogg plow parts, you can find them on our website. Any snow plow oil will work, Snow dogg does have they're own oil. As far as spares to keep in the truck, a motor relay, and perhaps and angle hose and a trip spring. The MD is full moldboard trip

4. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

Thanks for the info guys, Keep it coming!!