1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie from RI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by erty67, Jan 5, 2009.

1. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

Hello all! :waving: Just signed up after buying my 1st plow. I have an 04 Chevy 2500HD and a 8' Curtis. Now I just need to but the two together. I'll be posting and reading here a lot more often. :)

2. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

Welcome!!! Lets see some pics of that rig when you get it all together:waving::waving:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like GoldPro has another friend here now!

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

dont scare the newbie gv!xysport

5. slowhand11404

slowhand11404 Junior Member

Hey homeboy!!!! What part of RI are you from?

6. john1066

john1066 Member
    from mass

where are you from in RI

7. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

Warwick now....grew up in Exeter

here's the truck. no pics with the plow yet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  8. slowhand11404

Gee - a photo from Warwick - and no planes landing or taking off in the background!!!!!!

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome and nice truck

10. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

they were behind me :nod: The airport is right next door

11. Glenzo

Glenzo Junior Member

Any chance one of you R.I. guys can go to Carrabba's and send a little food next door to Connecticut?:drinkup:

12. slowhand11404

Carrabba's???? Hell - we'll get you some even better Italian food from Federal Hill!!!! The Old Canteen, Angelo's, Camile's, Blue Grotto..... too many to list and one better than the next!!!!

13. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

What he said ^

14. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Welcome Neighbor! Nice Truck!

15. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

OK, installing the mount has become more of a task than I could handle. It appeared easy, but when I got under the truck and started bolting it up, I found myself struggling. Do any of you Rhode Islanders know a good place that will install a used Curtis plow? I'm going to try calling the dealer in Warwick tomorrow to see if they will do it. The guy wasn't so friendly when I stopped in looking for bolts though so who knows.

16. slowhand11404

I have used MPs in West Warwick. They have been great to me - but I don't know if they work on Curtis plows.

17. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I think Tri Power is a Curtis dealer, but don't know if they will install a used one.

18. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

MPs, the care audio store? They service plows?

19. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

yea, that's the Warwick dealer I'm going to call. I heard of this guy, but I don't knwo much about him. I guess he does a lot of used plow sales.

http://www.plowking911.com

20. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

I don't like him. He's shady and charges REDICULOUS prices. Oh, and if you buy a "complete" plow package from him and he doesn't have the wiring harness, he's gonna splice into your factory harness. :realmad: