1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie from oregon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bcarlsno, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Bcarlsno

Bcarlsno Junior Member

One where I moved from when it did snow it was gone usually within a day or two, and if needed plowed with either a make shift plow built in a maintenance shop attached to a lift truck, or with loader or backhoe, so I do have minimal experience, not great but enough to get me started for next year. I am looking to compile information and details so I can get the right eqiupment without making it an overall headache. GL is a must for any business, but was wondering what types of companies do require 2mil GL. Also want to compile information on what most states require for safety requirement, as I would rather go over and beyond, ie beacon lights, the only rigs I have seen with beacon lights are county rigs. No one here puts salt, sand or a mix on their parking lots, and only sand at major intersections. I am in the process of building a lawn maintenance business and do want to have some year roud work, but also want to have some busy times so I am not sitting around alot during the winter months. Another thing is the streets they do plow in town have bearms down the center if the streets with high piles at the intersections. Any suggestions maybe to contract with the city to remove those bearms with past lawsuits and safety issues I could attach or bring up during a town meeting. I am basically looking for all the information i can to be able to have the service and be in this aspect of the business long term.

2. Bcarlsno

Bcarlsno Junior Member

No one has states or provinces that require strobe lights or back up alarms? or require bearms or piles to be removed from streets, intersections or corners of driveways. Laws that require turn signals on atv's, skidsteers, or backhoes when they are on city streets or county roads. No 1 mil GL is sufficient unless you go and plow for a walmart or costco. I have gotten nowhere with the city, county or state on this one, except GL would be a good idea. I would like to eventually get the major parking lots and put salt down, there's nothing i hate more is to be shopping and slipping and falling because of ice.