1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie from MA here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by GVL LLC, Feb 24, 2013.

1. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

Hey all, longtime lurker, first time poster. This is my first year doing snow and ice removal. I am very thankful that this year has been very active precipitation wise! I have owned my own landscaping company for 4 years now and decided why not do snow plowing in the winter. I thank everyone in advance for all the useful information that I have received while perusing around plowsite! :waving:

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Who does your 7.3 work?

Oh, and WELCOME....

3. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

I do the simple things like brakes, filters, oil changes. Ive owned the 02 for almost 3 years now and ive only had to do preventative maintenance except for I had to have the oil pan replaced and i had that done at mass diesel performance in Bellingham MA. The price was great and quick turn around. That was 6 months ago and theres no more leaking!!!

4. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

You remove ice? JK.....welcome, lots of good info around hereThumbs Up

5. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

ok shall we say "try my hardest to reduce the amount of ice that occurs". That sounds better! Thanks for the welcome

6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Welcome nice to have another masshole on here.

7. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

Im a lifetime masshole and I love it!!!

8. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

...transplanted masshole here...and welcome!

9. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

Thanks MajorDave!

10. gpservices

gpservices Junior Member
    from CT

Welcome im a lurker that finally just joined as well. All I can say is pray for 3-6 inch storms and not the 30 inch ones. You can make plenty of money at 6 inches without the headache lol.

11. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Ya, but the adrenaline pays some too...

12. gpservices

gpservices Junior Member
    from CT

True, had plenty of that for blizzard 2013 we just recovered from. But cant complain to bad plow still works and tranny still shifts, i heard of plenty of other guys that couldnt say the same thing for more then one truck.

13. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

welcome masshole!

14. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

Thanks I appreciate it :)