1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie for meyers Questions!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Drottlawn, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

My have a e60 with a 8.5 poly straight blade. The other day I was playing with it and came across a problem. The plow (sitting on the ground) will angle left but not right. It tries to but doesn't have enough power to do it. Is this common on these or something going bad? My westerns have no problem doing it, just didn't know if meyer were always this way?

Also sometimes I would see sparks jump off of the top post of the most when raising or angling the plow. Is this just a bad connection or is it a dying motor?
  2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Can anyone help?
  3. jwkv

jwkv Member

Have you checked ALL of your connections? Grounds included? If you have a poor ground it will muck everything up.
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

If you are getting sparks, I would say you have a ground problem. Go through the entire harness, and check all your grounds.
  5. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

I bet its a ground problem i had that same problem once!