1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie clearing with atv

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by boxerplowing, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Hey Guys.. first of all.. what a great site for getting friendly information!! Most of my research has been done on this site!!

I am completely new to the industry.. 25 year old business graduate who has been working an office job for 3 years, but thats not me! i need to be out and doing stuff.

Just this summer i acquired a plow for my 2002 Kawasaki KVF400 to do my own driveway. Enjoyed it so much i posted an ad on kijiji (same as craigslist) making it look professional. To my surprise, i received a lot of responses people wanting to use me as their 'plow guy' one guy offered me 100 to do his 1500ft driveway and it only took me 30 mins and i did a great job on it with my atv.. i have a few full season contracts for smaller driveways (300 for up to 15 plows)

I want to know how anyone else has done with this style set up!? i am looking to get a truck and plow in the very near future but for this year i may even be able to get by with just my atv

Thanks in advance for all of the comments and suggestions guys!!
  2. btw.. i am in Nova Scotia, Canada - which gets about as much snow (maybe a little less) than NY, NJ, Maine, etc..
  3. Seriously? No advice?? Someone has to have SOME experiance with this :) I have a 99 f150 and a 98 corolla I'm going to sell to get a 4x4 with plow.
  4. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

welcome to the board, what part of NS? there's a few of us bluenoser's on here
  5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

for ATV plow advice check out the atv sub forum at

any ATV ? or the like we can answer there and post up a pic of your ATV and plow in the Plow with Pics thread over there