1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie asking for advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by plowershane, Dec 17, 2007.

1. plowershane

plowershane Junior Member

Hello everyone! Im a big newbie to plowing and this forum, and needed some advice. Im 16 years old and Im starting to save for a 4 wheeler to plow driveways, small parking lots, etc. Im hoping that I will have what I need soon, but I know I will have it by next winter. I want to be full service (snow removal on roads, shovel on sidewalks, and salt). I will save the money I get from this to by a truck and a plow. But Im not sure what I should charge, and if you think this is a good idea. I live in NY by the way.

Thanks!

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

If I were you, I would work hard during the summer and buy a truck with a plow for a couple thousand. And maybe even a small snowblower. Because plowing a parking lot with a wheeler will be really hard and time consuming. Or, you could buy a truck without a plow and a snowblower and do mainly residentials. This way, you'd probably get a truck that would last you longer, because it woudn't be all abused from being plowed with.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

what if there is a lot of snow...

it wont work, i got an account today that a guy was doing with an atv.... couldnt handle the snow we have......

take the other guys advice, save up, and buy a plow truck....