1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie and needing a blower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sack, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Sack

Sack Junior Member
    from nNJ

Hey yall. I'm just getting started in this and have been using a meyer plow on my toyota truck. Now, a bunch of folks from one development are calling me asking if I'll do sidewalks too since they are right next to the HS in town. Since it would be a LOT of sidewalk work, I'd like to first figure out if I should even do it. So I'm scratching out Honda blowers since I do NOT want track drive. Figure maybe 11-12 HP, so I was thinking of pricing an Ariens to see if $ wise it would make sense. Is there any other blower that is really heavy duty that I should consider? Thanks.

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Get a used quad with a plow! I used Ariens blowers for years and then bought a quad. The quad puts the blowers to shame...

3. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I had the blowers, then the quads, now I have Mexicans. !

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

yea what he said! But if you do buy a thrower..please don't waste your money on anything from lowes like a Troy-Bilt Storm 1130-biggest piece of crap you'll ever see!!

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Since when did Honda stop making wheeled machines? Their website still shows that they're available...

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/snowhe.asp

6. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

We have a couple ariens blowers and have had pretty good luck with them; only problems are people running into rocks/curbs with them and bending them up-:dizzy:

7. Sack

Sack Junior Member
    from nNJ

They haven't if you want to stick with 8.5 hp and below. I need like 11 or 12.