1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie and have questions about my MVP Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by igloo_kid, Nov 7, 2010.

1. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

I got a used MVP plus and it came off a 06 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD and I installed it to my 01 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD and I have a leveling kit on the front end. I measured my receiver height and it's roughly 15" so the pivot pin should be installed under configuration #2 on the pivot plate with the flat side down to the pavement according to Western's manuals. I have it installed this way right now and when I lifted the plow in the V-position, I noticed the wings and plow shoes still rubbed on every driveway and sidewalk. Do these plows usually sit this low or do I have my plow adjusted wrong? And I was looking at the pivot plate configurations on Westerns site and I was wondering is configuration #2 going to make my plow sit higher than configuration #1?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010