1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie 92 Cummins Question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by SuperiorRam, Dec 27, 2009.

1. SuperiorRam

SuperiorRam Junior Member

Hello all I have lurked around checkin the site out I must say im impressed

i have a 92 W250 cummins im thinking about loadin with a Boss i found the plow is a 9' V with a rt2 setup the blade was on a 98 chev and the truck was totaled so i need a undercarrage the wireing is salvageable from the truck but thats it (on the truck side) the blade can be had for $1800 and looked to be in good shape BUT im wondering about gettin the headlights and controls spliced in?

is it worth it (the 1800 dollar 9' V)
    is there anyone out there that has a complete undercarrage pn# LTA03545
    and a wireing harness that is complete for the lights?

thanks
    Eric

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Seems like a good deal depending on the condition of the blade. As for the light kit I might go with a home made seperate lighting system for the blade, a few relays some wiring and a couple of togle switches and you are done.

These old trucks are ugly as sin and worth every penny. You might have to spend some big coin to get the mounting kit for the frame but you will love pushing with the old W series truck!!!

3. Canuck9c1

Canuck9c1 Junior Member

oil burner's

Daff's right..................IF and when I finally get my wiring sorted out (Western Unimount) , lights functional etc, their's nothing that will stop these old Cummin's equipped Dodge 4X4's. The 12 valve CTD starts instantly whether I plug it in or not!!
    I can drop the blade and plow the length of my 5 acre lot without even a drop in RPM.
    Would have bought one of these year's ago IF I had only known how much fun it is :drinkup: