1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbi need help with plow pick

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Gatekeepers, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Gatekeepers

Gatekeepers Junior Member

i have a 97 chevy tahoe. not sure if this sno way will work for this truck? How do i research how much this truck can do?

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Use the search feature it is a great tool! (or try the Chevy truck discussions) :D

3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

9.1 v might be to much plow! What size of snoway do you have might help get a better answer?:D What are you looking to do with it?

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Maybe this one will shed some light on the situation..

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatekeepers
    hi i am new to the site as well. I have a 97 chevy tahoe. I also have a sno-way plow 8inc will that work on my truck?

inc? inches?

Anyways, knowing your Taho isnt much different than my Sierra... I would say go for it, but remember, its not a tank, or a 1 ton and you should be fine

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I am pretty sure the 8" blade he is talking about is his ice scraper on the floor of the truck.
    The Tahoe will push that just fine. Don't run over it tho......lol J?K
    I would use a 7'6" blade myself.

7. Gatekeepers

Gatekeepers Junior Member

Well i have a 8ft sno-way and i would like to do my churches parking lot.