1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Roy Pierce, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Roy Pierce

Roy Pierce Junior Member

Just moved to the Black Hills area south of Deadwood SD, bought a Hiniker C-plow for my 05 F250 for personal use, am thinking about trying to pick up some extra money this winter with it, (the catch) I have no idea what to charge. Any comments would be appreciated.
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to PS.

Pricing is different for all areas. Try the "search" feature and see if you can locate other site members out your way, might be the best way to get an idea for your area.

Enjoy the site.
  3. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

you need to search pricing in your area. or find a landscape company and sub for them you work they pay you so much per hour in most cases.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Your big issue is insurance. Do a site search on the need for insurances and how they change when you become a commercial contractor as opposed to a private citizen.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Your big issue is no pics.

Newbies from beautiful areas are required to post pics. :realmad:

It was in the TOS, didn't you read that part? ;)
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you meet Rocky Raccoon yet? How about Lil "Nancy" McGill, and her man Dan??
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Prices vary but I am gueiing $25-$440 for a drive.
    Welcome to PS and don't forget the "search" function.