1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbee to the industry and this is what I got...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HuskerSnow, Oct 14, 2010.

1. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

1992 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 w/ 8ft. Meyer plow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I pulled out this old snow blower from the garage that hasn't worked in probably 10 years. Not sure what year it is, but I know its a 2 stage "Snowbird" snow blower and its DEFINITELY older than me haha. I couldn't get the engine to start so I replaced it with a Honda GX160 5.5HP motor I rebuild. After I threw a little paint on the engine it looked like it was suppose to be there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That snowblower is a widow maker

3. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I like the GX160 I see!!

I have always had great results with the GX series Honda motors. I've worked on fleets of equipment (over 60 different pieces) with everything from 4.0hp to 13.0hp motors. Just a great platform of engine.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Not to bad for just starting out.

5. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Thanks guys. I work at a family entertainment center during the summer and one of my main jobs there is Go-Kart Mechanic. We use the GX160 as the motor one all 18 Karts so I pieced this one together with spare parts I had lying around the shop. Its a pretty durable little engine. I can't wait to see how it does throwing snow.