1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbee needs help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by fej70, Jun 9, 2008.

1. fej70

fej70 Junior Member

I am fej70, new to site and first time post. If this is the wrong place to post this, my apologies.
    I live in the upper Midwest, southern MN, to give you my geographical location.
    The association I live in has asked me to place a bid for snow plowing, lawn mowing. They do not expect any sand or salting. They have had trouble in the past with the current operation not being able to plow soon after the snow. They are looking for someone to be able to plow almost on demand.
    The area that needs to be plowed is 7 driveways, approximately 40 x 30, 6 sidewalks and steps 6x 12, and the access driveway of about 400 feet. I have no clue where to even begin the bid.
    To give a background on myself, I have plowed for 3 years, just around the work parking lot, with vehicles and gas pumps. I have used a skid steer as well as an f350 with a Western MVP plow.
    Thanks for your time and attention.