1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbee looking for input on a plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tysonmatc2, Jan 26, 2011.

1. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

I am currently plowing 8 accounts with a 1983 Chevrolet 3/4 ton 7'6" Meyer with home made wings. I am looking at selling this truck after this season and putting a plow on my 2002 F-350 Crew Cab Single Rear Wheel. Any suggestions? I was thinking about maybe a Snow Dogg V-plow? I was leaning towards the 8' blade with wings but it would cost the same to just go with the V-plow. I was hoping to stay well below $4,500 and go brand new, or maybe a left over or demo if I could find a deal.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

dealer service and support is more important
    try "search" button next time as this has been discussed ALOT of times
  3. Mrplow247

Mrplow247 Member

i think this is a good idea, i use my 03 crew cab 250 single wheel, gas motor.

its not great for thight places but it has been reliable and works well
  4. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

The majority of what I have to do is country driveways. I do one parking lot in town, and then one other smaller business parking lot that only takes 3 or 4 swipes. Mine is a 7.3L Powerstroke but it runs great in the winter, knock on wood...
  5. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

If you were not so far away I would be interested in the old Chevy (wrong brand, but it will push snow) when your done with her....

Would like to see a picture of your homegrown wings, was thinking about making some for mine, just no idea were to start since mine is a poly blade.
  6. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

As of now the Chevy should be sold come spring, that's a big should because they guy said he wants it but has not put any money down on it yet. I will take a picture of the wings this weekend and post them. I have made 2 different sets, the first set I bolted on, bad idea because when I would get to those big drifted driveways I couldn't take them off fast enough, so the second set I made so that it was held by 2 pins on the side and one pin in the front basically.