1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbe with Boss Vplow..have questions??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TurboPlow, Sep 21, 2006.

1. TurboPlow

TurboPlow Junior Member

Howdy..I bought a used '94 dodge diesel truck with a Boss Vplow..if someone could please answer a few questions..when the blade is in the 'straight position', I cannot bring the blade to the V position , unless I manualy push them back by hand..it WILL return to the straight position but not return to the V...I hear a Clicking sound from the motor/pump area..I checked the fluid and it does seem low...I was going to clean the connections as soon as I get a chance..does it sound like both: a bad electrical connection and low pump fluid? can I use transmission fluid until I pick up some boss fluid?
    One more question: the controll is a "Square Box" mounted on the lower dash..I've heard of a "Joy stick" ..will the joy stick fit my 10 year old v plow? and about how much are they? thanks in advance...!!
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I believe the joy stick is plug and play, I use one on my 8yr old V plow
    Cost, call Boss?
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006