1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbe, Have Questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tbarr34, Aug 12, 2015.

1. tbarr34

tbarr34 Junior Member

I have a mowing business now for 11 years. In East TN we have been getting more snow than previous years. Just moved to a new house and last winter was the first in the new house. I have a long concrete driveway and got tired of spending hours shoveling so my wife could be safe. So I already have a Polaris Ranger 900XP and looking for a plow set up for it. I have heard Boss plows are great but don't really want to spend $3000. However many people that live on my road are in the same boat with inclines and long driveways. Thought I would be able to help them out by plowing their driveways as well. Not entirely sure what I would want to charge to plow their driveway. Not looking at doing commercial properties or getting a plow for my truck as I don't think its really worth it in TN. Just want to make some money when it does snow and hopefully help the neighbors out. May lead to future Mowing business. Any help on what to charge and recommended plow system. Already have insurance with the Landscaping business. If I do plow other driveways I will have to update my policy. Any help would be appreciated.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Question ur neighbors...if you make 1/3 to 1/2 back in one season, by the best plow you can