1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newb purchasing first plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by K20-69-POS, Aug 7, 2011.

1. K20-69-POS

K20-69-POS Junior Member

Well I found out that the truck I purchased ('96 ram 2500 4x4 cummins) was not the truck it was advertised as (found some hidden rust and the odometer was rolled back). So I'm thinking of making this my plow truck. This will be my first plow time plowing with anything bigger than my 4 wheeler and I need to find a decent plow for under $1500, what do you guys thing of this boss, If I repaint it and put on a new wear bar?

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/pts/2501917968.html

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

RT2s were good plows. Just make sure the mount will fit your truck. Ask the owner when the last time he used it. That one looks a little abused, but its probably because it sat outside its entire life.

3. K20-69-POS

K20-69-POS Junior Member

Yea that fits my truck, but so does this one,

its a meyer and has a new pump and is $500 cheaper, but its a straight blade and I will mostly be doing places that requires some tricky maneuvering, and this will be my first year plowing with a truck.

get-attachment1.jpg

get-attachment.jpg

4. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I would opt for the v-plow. It is only a 7 1/2', but I guess it would do. It would be easy to get around your tight spots. The v is more productive. And, you will be able to move mountains of snow with that Cummins!! Of course, I am a little biased towards the Cummins!

Good luck, kevlars

5. K20-69-POS

K20-69-POS Junior Member

Yea, alot of people say to go with the V blade, for its obvious advantages with snow control and clean up abilities, I've read the other threads about the straight vs V blade. I'm just wondering which would be easier to use for a newb?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Once you run the plow for a night you'll be used to it. I'd buy the vee blade.

7. K20-69-POS

K20-69-POS Junior Member

8. elecblu

elecblu Member

My guess is you should be able to get this plow ALOT cheaper than listed. Unless someone really likes having a lawn ornament, I wouldn't think there would be many people beating on his door for a plow of that age.

9. K20-69-POS

K20-69-POS Junior Member