1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newb and his newb gear

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by metallihockey88, Dec 19, 2008.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

Been wanting to get into plowing for a long time. Got a great deal on a truck over the summer with a near new plow and took the plunge. Must say i do enjoy it and cant wait til the summer when i can upgrade and get a real nice truck. But this 1997 GMC is doing a great job for now and is almost paid for after previous snowfalls and the hell hittin us today and hopefully the rest of the weekend over here in chicago. Hope to be the begining of many posts on this forum, like what ive been readin and learning so far, great forum guys.

gmc 1.jpg

gmc 3.jpg
  2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

hey nice rig. get us some action shots!
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup, looks like a money maker.

My dad's on the fire department in Skokie
  4. metallihockey88

looks to be pretty much the same moneymaker yours is minus the salter...how you like those pro wings?...put mine on for today, loved em til i blasted the tip of this one island i seem to clip every single time i plow this damn lot...so get to take an early morning road trip out to tinley park for a new one and home depot for some markers lol. hopefully get some more action tonight to get some good pics goin.
  5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

sweet truck
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Prowings are great. Got around 10-12" our here at least and they were a time saver. Lots less run off pushing with them. Never took them off in 9hrs of plowing, only had them off for about 2hrs out of 31hrs this season so far.
  7. metallihockey88

good deal, used em for about 5 hours today before i wrecked the one and they were great...dont really see ever takin them off except for maybe an occasional narrow driveway for someone but i do all commercial stuff so need all the extra width i can get.
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck.