1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. jasonc_334

jasonc_334 Junior Member

Hey all!
    I am looking to buy a plow for my truck this year! I know a little about plowing as for I have a plow on my 4-wheeler. I know I want something easy and light weight. I have a 1998 Dodge ram 1500 5.2. I dont really want to buy a brand new plow but just want to know what i should look for when i find a plow to look at! Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jason
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite, what do you plan to plow with this plow your going to buy?
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Either snow or huge piles of Legos! payup :D

Look for the same stuff as when you buy a vehicle. Is it a POS or not. Is it a good deal or not. 7.5 foot of any plow brand you can easily get parts for in your area.

The newby section is loaded with lots of the same threads to get ya goin'.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Lol although I would enjoy plowing lego, I was thinking more along the lines of just his place, friends & family? Are you going into business? One thing I will say is don't go bigger then 8' unless your planning on beefing up your truck.