1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cordero, Sep 15, 2013.

1. cordero

cordero Junior Member

hello, all I am looking to start my own snow removal/ice. my brother is going in with me. I need info on some things. I have many things in line and I want this to be legit business.. we are starting off very small here in my town i have the prices per size of driveways with sidewalk and porch. No loans just starting with shovels and ice melt and working from there to make it a landscaping snow removal company. I am currently working on how i would set up seasonal contracts for my clients.. my questions are where and how do i register my business? where do i find insurance, and tax information. I know many people in this town where i can get alot of word of mouth so I want to make this right way so i can eventually just only work my buisness. any help would be great

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Hi there.

Can I say that google is your friend ?

https://www.google.com/#q=how+do+i+start+a+business+in+michigan

Insurance is horrible to obtain here, unless you're already in business, long track record, etc. Yeah, it sounds silly, but hard to get insurance unless you already have it already. It's good that you're looking to do get insurance, as a lot of guys don't have it, and ultimately, if you have a loss of some sort, you lose everything you have / own / or want over the next couple of decades, when the court system is through with you. Insurance is found by calling your local insurance agencies and asking for their commercial dept. Eventually, you may find someone who will hook you up.

From the standpoint of a lot of seasoned snow professionals, your best bet is to go work for someone else for a while and learn the business from them. Once you feel confident that you know what you are doing, then proceed to going out on your own...

Good luck there bud. You have a Long road ahead.

3. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Google what is needed to get legal in your state.

I suggest finding two used or one new single stage snow blower. After your first storm you will wish you had at least one.

4. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

Shoot me a personal message, spent alot of time in the past few months working on such things. could bounce ideas off of eachother if need be. Or shoot me an email cleanedge@live.com

5. cordero

cordero Junior Member

I have sent an email plz feel free to message me back at anytime and throw out some hoenst ideas that would be great thnak you

6. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

Will get back to you shortly. Havent spent any time in the office this week... finally sitting down this weekend to catch up on some stuff!