1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by truckrider814, Oct 31, 2010.

1. truckrider814

truckrider814 Junior Member
    from va

Im new to this site and sorta to plowing i use to just ride along but i got offered a western 7'-6" ploy ultra mount only two years old good condition. i was told i just had to get the mount and electronics i found the part number for my truck 91 f-150 but every dealer tells me they can't find a mount for my truck the number is 63710-1 i don't know if yall know of any online places that are good or not.

Thanks for any help/advice

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Never have looked on there myself but have heard that ebay is a pretty good place to look

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Are you sure it is a Ultramount?

4. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

look at Ebay and Craigslist. I find alot of misc. Western parts there.
    Be careful, make sure your light duty truck can handle that plow.
    I doubt you have "plow prep", and I hear that if you put a plow on a F250, without plow prep, it could void the warranty.

5. PeterG

PeterG Member

I found the mount for my truck on ebay.

6. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I have that mount, do you need the pockets also?

7. truckrider814

from va

By any chance you have the part number just to double check i don't know what it needs all i know is i have the blade and i need the mount and electronics. like i said this is the first time i would actually be plowing with my truck everytime i rode the plow was already on and ready to go.

And no i don't have plow prep they didn't offer that back then. it's just a standard 2wd 302 ext cab f-150 i have to get new coil springs up front to stiffen it up and some weight in the back but i was told im only gonna be doing driveways so the truck should be able to handle it as long as i keep up with the snow.

8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

9. truckrider814

from va

Yeah it's 2wd but itll work. I just gotta put weight in the back

10. 01lariat

01lariat Member

Works till you need 4x4. Then you screwed. I had a 91 factory hd half-ton 4x4 in highschool. Still I don't think it would have made much of a plow truck. A lot of strain on that light front end. Good luck...