1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New York Snowfall

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by BMB Plowing, Dec 8, 2010.

1. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

Man, as far as I know the past three days Central and Northern Ny have been getting hit pretty good. I myself have plowed 10 hours a day the last 3 days, and will probably continue that schedule the next two days at least.
    Last night at 10pm it took me about an hour to drive what normally takes me 20 minutes, driving in 4x4. I couldn't see past the hood of my truck at all, could just barely see my plow. It was nuts. I've seen many cars off the road, cars abandoned on the side of the road, a few almost accidents, one SUV rolled over. And this is just the first snowfall of the year for us.
    I hope it keeps up! and I hope everyone stays safe.
    30 hours of plowing so far, and not a single problem or complaint, actually got quite a few compliments. I'm gonna put up some pictures here in a little while.
  2. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Looking forward to seeing your pics! Yeah, CNY definitely seems to be getting their fair share of snow for the season. Weatherman says Sunday will bring a new system.

Stay Safe!

- Dan
  3. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Our guys have been out for 3 days straight too. This is pretty unusual for before Christmas. The good thing was that other than 3 skid steers, everything was ready and we only had a few minor equipment issues. This coming Sunday and Monday could be interesting.

BNB, Talked to you boss this past Saturday in our shop. He and I are both light junkies. He looked pretty good. I'm sure he's a wreck now!
  4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

been snowing since last Thursday here in Northern NY, now its Turning cold -3f now with wind chill and tomorrow night -8f! :eek:
  5. BMB Plowing

hahaha yeah Sean sure does like his lights. My truck has head and tailight strobes and a really bright LED beacon light, thing blinds me when I'm against buildings.

Right now here the temp is 24 degrees, and that's cold enough for me, a minute outside and I can feel it through my bones.
  6. BMB Plowing

couple shots of the truck and of the weather...I'll get some better ones tonight hopefully of some of the snowbanks and areas I plow. Sorry for the crappy pics, I'm not a photographer!

7. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

South of buffalo

When i got home last night and when i got up this morning and the snow continues..

8. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

all cleaned up for now
  9. slave2lawns

slave2lawns Member

That's a cool pic. I wish my back yard was like that.
  10. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

I just love the old K5 Blazers, especially when they have a Fisher Speedcaster plow on them. Would love to see more pics of it.
  11. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

Nice i would love to see that here.
  12. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Be careful what you wish for! It sounds like we all get in on the action Sunday and Monday.
  13. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

The K5 i bought for 400 bucks, it needed a flywheel, It is really rusted to death but man it is a beast!! It will move about anything up or down hill. The body is drooping over the frame now, this is my backup plow my F150 also blew a flywheel on sunday..??
  14. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

I have been plowing since Sunday afternoon around Webster & Penfield. It just keeps coming we may get another 5-10" tonight. This is crazy.....then we are going to start all over again Sunday through early next week with another storm. Crazy!!
  15. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

45 inches in syracuse ny since sunday, no where to put it everyones gona start moving and hauling it.. Another 8 to 12 on the way, snowing very heavy now..
  16. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Is that white stuff the snow you guys are talking about?

Our winter stinks this year. I have only been out once this year as opposed to six times at this point last year.

Good luck guys and be safe. Make some money while you can!!
  17. atvriderinmass

atvriderinmass Senior Member

Send some to Boston please! Looks like fun and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$!
  18. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

No doubt we have had some snow from Wolcott to webster., Havent really stopped since sunday.. Good start to the winter.. The new 7040 kubota has been working well also.. I will attatch some pics from wolcott, here as well...
  19. Subseven

Subseven Member

Gotta love that lake effect!
  20. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

morrisville, Ny