1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New York City

Discussion in 'Weather' started by danknight60, Jan 17, 2008.

1. danknight60

danknight60 Member

OK I AM STARTING THIS BECAUSE I DON'T SEE ANYONE FROM HERE BUT ME :cry:
    OK NEW YORKER LETS GET TOGETTHER AND CLEAN UP THIS TOWN I AM IN QUEENS

2. danknight60

danknight60 Member

Come On Nyc Plowers

ok Let Help Each Other Out
    If Anyone Knows A Good Web Site For Weather And Cams That Show Nyc Or Long Island Put A Link Here

3. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

Have u even had any snow? Everything I hear anything about new york, it's like 70 degrees out!

4. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

more snow then Ive gotten. Watched the guys plow the port aurthority bus terminal on 41st street with a jeep for hours last storm, was pretty funny

5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I've been out and shoveled 2 times and then a bit another time. Unless we get a buttload of snow later on in the season- which we might- I'm done with this stupid ass business- I'll make more next year selling my snowblowers!

6. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

We Need Snow!!!!!!!!!

I'LL SAY!!! LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GOIN SOUTH:realmad: SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE, WE SHOULD HAVE COLD AIR IN PLACE THIS WEEK SO LETS SEE.....OTHERWISE, MY STUFF MIGHT GO NEXT YEAR TOO!!! 2 BAD WINTERS IN A ROW HURTS:cry:

7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Yes we have had snow. But for the last 4 or 5 years we have had maybe 3-6 events. But in years before that, we got alot of snow like everyone else. Everyone is feeling the effects of snow less winters. Then again we always seems to get a few small storms, like 2-4" then there is one good one. payup As far as being70 degrees out, It hasnt been that warm. It has been mild November and December, and part of January. (45-60) These last 2 weeks have been cold. With even a few days below 20. Now if you guys North of us stopped hogging all the snow, maybe we would get some.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  8. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

This business is not for the faint at heart. Let's face it, I'm not happy with the past 2 winters either, but the weather runs in cycles. '78-'84 were good snow years, '85-'88 were not, '89-'94 were good again, '95 was so-so, '96-'98 sucked, '99-'04 were pretty decent, '05 was mediocre, '06-today we are back in the slump. What I am trying to say is, we should (hopefully) get better again in the next few winters, then we'll be back to complaining about no snow. BTW- I am not saying that I have scientific studies that back this up, it's simply a theory I've come up with based on my observations through the years. During the slow years I sell off the older, more beat equipment then when things start looking better, I replace what was sold with newer stuff. My simple system that works for me!!

9. danknight60

danknight60 Member

it's snowing in new york city

but it's just a tease like always , dam dam dam:realmad:

10. Quality SR

That snow lasted all of 5 minutes. What a tease, we will get something though. I have seen so much plows, spreaders and trucks for sale in the last month it isnt funny. It is a good time to buy. I am going to wait to almost the end of this month. If get no snow ill drive up to my dads house and play up there. But in the mean time ill keep my fingers crossed.

11. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Good News on the horizon... Possible snow event tomorrow evening (Tuesday night) then changing to rain but they say we could get an inch or more before the change over, yipppeee, maybe I will get called... And then Sunday the 16 they are calling for a Winter Storm, ooohhhhhh 32 degrees and they actually have snow flakes, I repeat snowflakes on the weathermap for that day... goody goody gumpdrops...

12. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

same old same

the weather looks like it will worm up and give us rain again.......i need at least one or two good wons this saeson.......

13. Quality SR

Well first they said 1/2".. Then they said 1-3" then changing to rain by midnight. Then they said 1-3" and if it dont change to rain 1-2'. Well we got 2" on the island. Changed over from snow to sleet, around 6:30 then all rain by 9 pm. Still got to plow though. :drinkup: How did everyone else make out.?

14. jjklongisland

Finally Snow... and lots of rain... First push of the season working under new sub. Worked out good. The one thing that totally sucked was the traffic... It took me 1.5 hours to get home from work at 3:30pm and only drove 25 miles.. People are truly ********... I passed over 17 accidents, counted them all during those 25 miles... Other than that and the sloppy rain slushy mess at the end of the night it went well... The beast held up and got me home in one piece. I got a good 9 hours in after working 10 hours at my 9 to 5...and hope for some more snow soon... We got around 3 to 4 inches in some parts of the island before switching to pouring rain... I couldnt belive this morning when I woke up to 50 degrees and it was all gone...

15. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it happened!!! about 2 inches or so here, got to do all accounts finished around 1am...
    wasted some salt earlier in day (should have waited) but customers were calling at 4pm!!!
    Very heavy rain though throughout the night, makes you wonder. Best part of night was a grilled cheeze sandwich fries and baked clams at my favorite diner at 2am!!!!! :drinkup:payup Good Luck guys.

16. Quality SR

I cant believe it is 50 either and all the snow is gone. :cry:. But atleast we got some.

17. jjklongisland

maybe More On Sunday, Cross Your Fingers

18. danknight60

danknight60 Member

b][/b]ok guys it's that time of year again to get those plows out and make sure they are working and not leaking (like mine) and ready Togo .... They said this year is goner be a bad one i hope so i am dieing here

19. storm king

storm king Member

I only about 60 miles north east of queens ,if that ,and the past few have been crappy up this way too.
    Lets hope this winter we get some snow , we sure need it thi$ year .

20. danknight60

danknight60 Member

yes we really need it the pass 2 years have sucked i was thinking of giving up on the business i was spending more money to fix my truck and plow then i was making:gunsfiring: