1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Years Storm in PEI

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by willyswagon, Jan 1, 2009.

1. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

We are getting hammer today. Weather station says 40cm(16") on the ground. Winds @ 80-100 km/h(60mph).With higher accumulations East of Charlottetown.:eek: Calling for another 10-15cm(4-6") tonight, a possiblity of another 5cm tomorrrow for Eastern Kings County.:dizzy: Guess were I am??:bluebounc

Plow truck 007.jpg

Plow truck 013.jpg

2. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Is that an old Willies? I love it what ever it is!

3. willyswagon

Yeah it's an all original,(minus the box, which I'm rebuilding) 1956 Willys. Original 6 volt, Warn O/D, vac wipers, 50 year old Western 6volt electric/hyro plow. I'm going to put an original Gar wood Dumpo matic body on it this spring.It will look like this again come spring. I also have a 1956 Willys wagon, and a 1953 pick up

ibc 006.jpg

4. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Beautiful!!!!!!!

5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I see different times around Fredericton an old Willy's like yours and it has the old Fisher headgear on it but I have never seen a blade on it though.

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats a real cool truck!

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, first of all thats alot of snow compared to what we normally get here in Kansas. That is a very unique vehicle too.

8. willyswagon

Provincial and municipal plows have just been called out, as the visibility has finally improved. Winds down to 70km/h. between 40-60cm( 16-24") of snow fell,I'm Unfortunately in the 60cm area. Plow dispatcher told me it will be hours before my road is touched. There is 3.5' on the flat, 6'drifts over 100' long

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Any problems plowing with the rear end being so lite?

10. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i've seen those pics somewhere b4 :p (NSJC)

looks good. you guys really got hammered. we got about 15" in the lower annapolis valley

11. willyswagon

It's suprisingly not to bad. I think the key is that is a 105 hp straight 6 with 4.88 gear ratios. Put it in low, set the throttle to about 1000rpm, and it pushes like a cat loader.
    No speed, All GRUNT!!wesportwesport

When I get the dump body on it it should be even better:bluebounc

A buddy of mine has the local road contract. He broke it out today with a 966 CAT with a 15' V blade. It has not let up yet. They (police) are asking poeple to stay off the roads until they can get 2 lanes open on each road:dizzy:

12. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Wow ,your putting the old iron threw her paces I'd say.Hey willy,Did you buy a duel axle trailer off a guy in Crapaud one time?Just wondered,I sold one to a guy with trucks like yours and there are not many of those around now a days and he was from the east end .

13. willyswagon

Ya thats right Randy, It's me. The trailer is in Charlottetown now. A buddy of mine had it more than I did, so he finally got tired of driving out here to get it or return it... so he bought it. I still use it when ever I need to. Great set up ehhh?? He uses it to haul around a Kubota B21. How much snow did you guys get?? Listen who runs a puller out your way(around Brookvale) called Old yeller? Some one said he had an old Scout II. I'm looking for a Dana 44 front end from one.