1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Years Resolutions?......For Your Company

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by born2farm, Jan 1, 2016.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Anybody making big changes for 2016 within your company? We have been revamping our systems and looking forward to smoother operation within the company and better sustained growth going forward.
  2. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Looking to have company design website,and do advertising for first time in long time. Never had to since first couple years I got started always had lots of work from word of mouth, but some customers have lasted away, and commercial properties got bought out , and alot switched to maintenance companies.
  3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

All my work is word of mouth. I don't even have a website. This year I'm having someone design one. I would also like to find a foreman and get me out of the field more. I thought I'd have my helper step up, but he's not really the leader type. I'm tired of working 8+ hrs rushing home to shower and then doing bids all evening.
  4. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I want to use more technology for both selling and for job tracking
  5. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

I would also like to find an office with a shop and quit working from home. Feel like such a hack when a customer wants to meet me in the office and I have to tell them I work from home and will meet at their place.
  6. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Find yourself a garage/building as a shop and put an office in it....
  7. KildonanSnowRem

KildonanSnowRem Member

Yup. It is pretty awkward having that talk.
  8. KildonanSnowRem

KildonanSnowRem Member

Going through a full blown re-branding period, effective yesterday (Jan 1). Re-branding to something that is not location specific and can scale. Adding a new crew effective next week when the truck is available to pick up from the dealership. Buying all new lawn equipment and trailers. Hoping to do 6 figures in revenue in my first full year.
  9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Getting better management in place(which can be a little tougher when most employees are college aged) and eclipsing the million mark
  10. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Have enough work this spring that I only need to be out in the field when we are getting behind on jobs and mowing. Find land with a small building of some sort and sell like 350,000 this spring so we can start growing a little better.

And start growing my relationship with my customers

I agree it sucks working from home. I really hope this is the year we can afford a place
  11. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Crunching #'s,might sell off all my excavating equipment,get rid of 3000sq ft shop.Buy an enclosed trailer and go back to my roots and bring my business back to 100% remodeling contracting. Less overhead,less hassle.Keep a small plow route,just enough to keep me,my brother in law and nephew busy for 6-8 hrs.
  12. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

While everyone else is talking about growing, I'm downsizing in accounts. Money isn't everything. Time with family and friends is to me. Tired of saying "I can't make it" to family functions etc. just want to make enough to be financially stable. I'll find that happy medium. That's my goal
  13. JimMarshall

from NW PA

I want to revamp my contracts as well
  14. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Planning to raise the beer price in the soda machine in my shop to $50 a piece. Loosing to much money at free. :eek:Thumbs Up