1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New years eve!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Dec 29, 2008.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Moderate snow heading our way! This is not the first time we hav'e had to plow on N Y E. In additon to all the regular hazards you hav'e to be alert for drunks.

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Lets keep our fingers crossed..... :nod:

3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

we had to salt last new years eve, two years in a row greattt

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i hope this happens
    getting restless lol

5. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

i hope i can get my guys in for this one

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Good luck. This is the one day id rather not be out plowing. Hopefully it starts early in the morning and is over with before it gets too late.

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

No complaints from here about adding a 4th storm to December's bill! Light to moderate is just fine by me. Best of luck everyone!

~Kevin

8. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Looks like a morning storm right now - heaviest snow forecast in western mass from 6:00AM-9:00AM - a nice addition to December billing.

9. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

We, as well, are happy to have the work. All our work is commercial so we must go out after dark when employee parking lots clear out. Then the (gravy payup) sanding run!

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Be safe out there guys, new years eve night we need to be alert traveling from job to job! Alot of idiots on the roads! No retreat and no surrender!:gunsfiring:

11. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Here's our forcast for Western Mass:

The snow will overspread our area near dawn Wednesday. The snow will be heaviest during the mid-day and afternoon before taping off to flurries and scattered snow showers by early evening. While the snow falls temperatures will be in the middle and upper 20s which will allow it to stick to the roads and means another powdery type of snowstorm. It's still early in the game but at this point I'm thinking a 3-6" or 4-8" type of snowfall looks pretty reasonable.

Looks like we will be plowing into the early part of the night.

12. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

We got a chance for snow on New Years Day, it does not look like much though. Hopefully a push and a salt run. We've had 13 events this month, and 1 in Nov. been a good month for us.

Last New Years Eve we had 7" that started at 5pm and eneded by 1am. Kept most of the drunks off the road.

13. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

This storm will prove who does it to make a living and who does it for booze money.

Lookn forward to it. most of the snow melted to make room for more.

14. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looking forward to it aswell
    cant wait to get back out there and do something

15. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Captain - Where did you get that forecast from? It looks like a homemade amateur one. According to wwlp we are only supposed to get 2 - 6".

16. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Amen to that...can't wait to see how many are actually out plowing instead of getting blasted with there buddies counting down time...I can't wait to get back in my truck and try out my new camera:salute:

17. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Nope - that was what WWLP was showing at noon in the weather discussion area. I had just cut and pasted from their site.

Sherri Spear has her own forecast now calling for 2"-6". We'll have to see what they say in the AM.

My trigger is 2" so as long as we get 2" I'm good to go.

18. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Here is WGGB's forecast for 3"-6" and makes mention of the Noreaster for Friday-Saturday:

"A more substantial storm will move in for Wednesday. It will come in the form of an Alberta Clipper, and rapidly strengthen off the coast. While not a huge snowstorm, it will definitely cover the ground back up. At the moment, 3-6" seems like a pretty good bet, but stay tuned for updates as we get closer. The good news is that the snow should be over by mid-to-late afternoon, and we'll just have to deal with the cold and wind on New Year's Eve (lucky us). Your plans should definitely include bundling up!

The New Year will ring in with cold and windy conditions, with highs only in the low 20s on Thursday. Another storm may head up the coast Friday into Saturday with the chance for heavy snow, but that's a long ways out so stay tuned!"

19. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

OK lol They mispelled tapering and put taping. You would think if you get paid to write something you would at least spell check it lol

20. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Yeah that Sherri is cute as a button but not a good speller. lol