1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Year's Day storm New England

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Megunticook, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

What a great way to bring in the New Year.

Just plowed 11 inches off my road yesterday. Now tonight at 7 pm we've got 5 more on the ground with another 5 or so on the way. It's coming down hard--in this shot I just cleaned off the truck, grabbed my camera, and the truck's practically covered again:
    [​IMG]

This one's a little heavy--might be I should plow tonight before bed else in the morning I could be looking at a foot of heavy cement!

2. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

Doing much the same in Sebago. Plowed about 7 inches at 4:30, and I plan to go out again before I head to bed. Here the early snow was not heavy stuff, but the last time the dog came in it seemed he was covered with a wetter snow. My wife is a teacher and she is betting that there will be school tomorrow so I need to make sure she can get out at 0 dark 30.

3. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

Plowed another 6 inches at 11 pm. So from this storm we got 13 inches on top of the 9 inches from 2 days earlier.

4. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

We got 2" then it turned to rain.

Enjoy payup