1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New XV2 on '14 Ram, low beam lamp out warning?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dzlpete, Jan 24, 2014.

1. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

I have a '14 3500 Laramie with a new XV2 on it. All lights work, but when I switch from low to high beam, a light comes on on the EVIC screen saying I have a low beam headlamp out??
    I brought it back to my dealer, he called Fisher, said replace the module, which he did, but I still get the warning?
    Anyone know of, or find a fix for this??
    Also, anyone running a rubber cutting edge on one of these? That steel edge is very harsh, unless you have perfect pavement- I don't!
    I'm not doing a large route, I only have a couple driveways, and a 1 mile long mountain road, so I'm not too concerned with wear. I just want to smooth it out!
    Thanks.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its probably the truck, they are very sensitive now to any electronic draws. Might have to bring to a dealer and have a flash done to it - this is assuming that the lights all work but the EVIC is saying a bulb is out anyway.
    As for the roughness, its part of plowing unfortunately. I don't know of any rubber cutting edges for V plows.

3. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

Ok, thanks

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

the rough scraping will go away it is just because the edge is brand new

5. unhcp

did you ever get this figured out? maybe a different type module would be the fix? 29760-1 maybe?

6. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

Nothing yet. I was trying to find the post in this forum from the guys at Fisher, so I could contact them direct, but I haven't found the name and number in my searches so far?

7. unhcp

207-701-4200

8. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

Thanks for that!