1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mike33, Nov 20, 2008.

1. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Went to my dealer today i currently had a 04 8.2 poly v for regular service. Found out i had a broken part on my wing the one bracket that wasent factory welded that well. My dealer told me they had issues with these but mine was to far out of warranty. He even called boss and they wouldn't help. The damn wing was 1k and with labor, change fluid and anything else i would of probably spent 13-1,400.00. He gave me a price of $2,700.00 and trade my old plow in for the new 8.2 XT. It sure looks like a serious plow hope it works out. Does anyone have any experience with them, are they any better than the regular V? I think it was a good deal $ wise i was able to use my undercarriage, it included smartlocks, deflector and installed.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a fair deal on the new plow side upgrade..any reason why you didn't just repair the wing on the old plow? They have to be in pretty rough shape (bent bad) before they're condemned to the scrap pile.
  3. payton

payton Senior Member

what install did they have to do? u kept your mount and wiring.. they charged ya to hook it up?

4. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Assembled plow, ever see a boss out of the box? Chnaged my HID lights over. It was a broken bracket which would of been replacing the wing. I was having an itch any way to have a new one. That wing is 1k plus labor, then annual service, didn't care to spend that much repairing. Now i have new plow 2 year warranty. Got to use it a little tonight and like it so far.
  5. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Iam waiting to try out my new plow so we will have to see how we like our new XT's. I bought the 9.2
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A broken bracket can be fixed. I'm asuming your talking about the bottom one that your hinge pin goes through. A good dealer should be able to fix that. Oh well you have a new blade now so enjoy.
  7. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

It was a piece where was only welded on one side. Dealer said they had trouble with them and now up dated them. He even called Boss while i was there to see if they would allowanything but they wouldn't. I think he called it a fork? He said they didnt have good luck welding them. I do like the idea of new plow though. It was a 8.2 poly.
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 8'2" v XT i got last year, it was good for the few inches we got in the single storm lol. Get going and it throws pretty far, you'll like it :)