1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New XT doesnt work HELP

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Wieckster, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

My new 8.2 Xt only the driver side wing works the pass side went out but doesnt come back and it doesnt go down stuck in the up position. Also the parking lights dont work but the headlights do work need help. I checked the main plug in and still doesnt work.:realmad:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have a ground problem on the plow side. The coils and parking lights share a common ground that terminals at the pump motor stud where the battery cable ground connects. Connection may be loose on the motor stud. Wiggle the power connector at the bumper and check it right at the battery also. The head light have their own dedicated ground so if the stud connection on the motor is loose, the head lights will still work.

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

B&B - you are the dude. How bout your two way number just in case we ever have any problems in the middle of the nite??

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And when would I get to sleep? :D

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

B&B; PM him that 1-900 number you set up, what was the rate? $50 for the first minute, 5 dollars a minute after that?

What a dufus, gets a little free help but not happy, now he wants unlimited free help 24/7:gunsfiring:

6. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Well I worked on it today and the only way I could get anything to work is bypassing the controller with a hot wire then I could get it to work I guess I will be taking it to the dealer in the morning since it is only a week old tomorrow kinda frustrating when your new plow quits working.

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Basher - it was a joke. It's more of a compliment of a guy here that offers free advice and seems to know more than most local plow shops. Weird as heck question and he's all over it............

And B&B - anyone in West Michigan will tell you sleep is optional with the weather we've had the last month - but there are some really biotchy plow drivers out there.