1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New XLS Cutting edge yes or wait??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vt properties, Oct 14, 2011.

1. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Just purchased new XLS. I am unsure if the "base" plate needs to be worn down first to install cutting edge. Or is it ok to just put it on from day one. The plow will be used on a mix of paved and unpaved surfaces.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

strictly up to you. Double edge will make it last a whole lot longer is all.

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

I got one last year and run it for another winter before we put a edge on.
    Looks a little funny without one on but it's meant to be like that for a while.

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Plowed one season without a Main cutting edge....I will bet you a case of beer that at the end of the season you will need to replacee "Wing" cutting edges....At that time i would put on the Main cutting edge and also 2 New wing edges eather from Jerres or Falline edges....