1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New x-blade question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rob1325, Sep 26, 2012.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Are the new x blades 2 plug or 3 plug? I have a truck with exteme V 2 plug and want to put x blade on it instead an keep extreme v for backup. Can I use existing wiring and controls from my extreme v to control new x blade? Thanks.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

brand new X blade should be using the fleet flex systems which are 2 plug multiplex

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

So can I use a x blade and extreme v with same wire harness and control?

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

if the new x-blade is 'fleet flex' with multiplex wiring the wiring will be the same. they use different controls, but you may be able to operate the x-blade with the extreme v control, I'm not sure. has anybody tried that yet?

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

This what I want to know. Controllers for straight blade and v look same on fisher website. Only difference I see is lettering on controller. Though if someone can confirm this, it would be great.

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure about the fleet flex but with the older controls you can use a vee controller to run a straight blade but you can't go the other way.

7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I'm want to know about fleet flex. I'm about call company soon to find out.

8. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I emailed Fisher on Monday, still no response. If I had # I would call them. Whenever I find out I will update.

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I asked a couple of guys in the shop and they say yes that should work. and yes you are right they have the same number of buttons now. the v-plow or xls control will say scoop and vee and left and right wing on the diagonal buttons and the straight plow control would just say 1 2 3 4 on those, because they use them for security guard.
    the up/down and angle buttons on either control should work on either plow from either control.

10. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

interesting! That does make sense

11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I found the official answer, posted by John Murphy from Western last October..

'Correct, straight blades will come with the 8-button controller. Not sure how that's extra confusion? With our control you can run straight or vee and do not have to invest in separate controls
    If you're using it for a straight blade, the buttons for wing movement are just unused. Unless of course you want to use them to set one of the three user preferences also found in our controls , not on Boss - Security Guard, instant float, and soft stop; all three features can be programmed on or off using those buttons.
    John'

12. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Thanks for the info! My dealers did not know this. I knew it would work by looking at controllers and wiring diagrams on fishers site. Again Thanks!