1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New X-Blade, Have Questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Nozzleman, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I having a new 8' X-blade installed on my truck as I type. My question is do the X-Blades come with a steel cutting edge on them or is it extra? Also, my old plow was an MM1 8' HD and on that plow I was advised to wear the trip edge down before adding a cutting edge. Is the X-Blade similar?

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

no the x blade needs a cutting edge right away you can not plow with out one
  3. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Xblade should have on on it and its a flip with 10 bolts. Do yourself a favor and go over to a non flip
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yes, they DO come with the plow. The XV and X blade are constructed different, and therefore require it in order to operate it. Where as the XLS and the HD/RD....whatever else they have going on these days, have a base angle to utilize, hence why it is an option.....extra $$. As if a $5000 for a plow is enough insult....but I suppose that is another topic altogether.
  5. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

When you say new. Do you mean new to you or brand new? if brand new stick with the flip for a year. Dont mess with your warranty
  6. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Thanks guys for the info.
  7. LON

LON Senior Member

Does not come with one new BUT was strongly recommended to us in sales & service schools that a new one be sold w/ it. Will not leave my shop w/o an edge.