1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW X-Blade Fishstick blade control problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereGuy, Feb 8, 2004.

1. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Only my 2nd plow-able storm and my plow is already malfunctioning. I'm wondering what the possible causes are behind an occasional problem(every 10 minutes aprox.) where in the raise mode the plow angles instead or won't drop but again angles instead. I would find it hard to believe given the liberal dose of non drying battery silicone, that water in my electrical disconnects is the culprit. Sorry, I forget the exact name of the goop I put in my plug connections.

It did turn warm and rainy. If I angled the plow hard in both directions it would then usually correct it self. How about that Isolation module. It seemed very warm, hot really, when I checked on it to make sure it was still tied down. I've done a few searches with no results. I'll be calling my installer tomorrow.

2. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I brought my rig in to be checked out by the Fisher dealer. I waited almost 2 hours and they could not confirm any problem.

However, they have had a few recent problems with fairly large filings getting caught in different valves and this could cause all kinds of problems I was told. Evidently a run of resevoirs didn't get cleaned out well enough from the factory. Anyway, I'll just run it until it acts up again.
  3. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

I've seen a few of those pomps come through a friends garage. We figured the pump was coming apart but the reservoirs not getting cleaned would explain it. It would hang up the valves but they usualy dont start working again like that. Your problem sounds electrial. Flush the system, if the fluid is clean it's definitly electrical. We put new ends on 2 of my fishers just this year. I've seen a few where the problem is actualy i the harness. When you angle it stop to stop you jar the plow a bit and it may be shaking the wires to where they work right again but then you hit a bank a few minuites later and cross a connection again.