1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new with questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dbc45420, Sep 22, 2003.

1. dbc45420

dbc45420 Junior Member

Hey everyone,
    I have been checking this site out and decided to put up a post with some questions. First of all I am new to this and have no experience. I am a fireman and work 2 24 hour shifts a week, so this gives me lots of time off. I want to go door to door this winter and do some plowing. I can't do accounts because of my work schedule, I may not be able to plow on the day after it snows. My first question is I have an 03 wrangler Sahara, very nice, if I am careful will I be able to put a plow on this and use it and not really tear up my new wrangler? Can i make money doing this? I live in South West OH. How many inches of snow do you think I could handle doing residential drives 10'x75'. And any other words of wisdom you may have. I am sure I will have more post in the future and thanks.
  2. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

I have plowed many storms with A jeep Wrangler with a 7 foot plow. They work great in driveways. A lot of manuverability. Also must be able to plow when called. People look for dependiblity. Hire yourself a driver for the day after once you have enough accounts.
    good luck bring on the snow