1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New with Boss, Getting a V- XT Poly which size??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Sep 28, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Hey everyone!!

I just purchased a new '09 Chevy 1 ton SRW Reg. Cab. I will be putting a V-XT Poly on it, but I have a few questions on what size to get and w/ or w/o wings. We currently run all blizzards and I love the wings on them. But we lost dealer support so im going to a Boss on my truck. It will be doing alot of windrowing and alot of pushing. So my qustions are would you guys run? I would like to beable to keep the wings on all the time if I like them.

1. 8'2" w/ wings
    2 9'2" w//o wings
    3. 9'2" w wings

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I say option #3
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Wings are a must. A 9'2" would be nice but what does it weigh?
  5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Setup the truck with the right ballast and timbrens, no problem! Especially if you are doing mostly commercial.
  6. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

0n all my chevys i run 9.2 polys t-bars up except my 09 i went with 8.2 poly with wings works great no more scraping when you hit bimps in the road.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  7. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

New 9.2 steel

Just traded off my 8.2 polly v on a new 9.2 V XT steel blade, my dealer treated me good...

Run it on my 01 2500HD with the duramax....

8. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I take it that you cant run a 9'2' w/ wings down the road?
  9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

9'2'' with wings is a little wide going down the road. The one time I used a 9'2'' with wings I always took them off when going down the road (heavy traffic at the time). In the middle of the night with not much traffic I dont think it would be a problem to leave them on.
  10. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Thanks for the help option #3 it is!!