1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New winter wolf lifting mechanism.

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by hero419, Mar 3, 2011.

1. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

Has anybody checked out the website lately?
    Looks like the winter wolf version of the snowbear plow now has a new electronic ram to lift the blade.

It would be cool if the offered it as a kit at an affordable price to retrofit our older plows.

2. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

I sent an E-mail........

3. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

Let us know. Thanks

4. acornish

acornish Senior Member

yeah i shot them a post in other thread its available as an upgrade about 500 bucks (new product to us as the upgrade kit only came available last week. The kit part number is 00501 and the cost is $449.99 plus shipping)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  5. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

Got a reply

I thought I paid around 1000 bucks at Sams for my plow.
    Seems like a lot for just the lift.
    oh well.....

6. acornish

acornish Senior Member

you probably did the pro plow with actuator is around 2200

7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I had a Snowbear with the winch on my 1999 and my 2004 Tahoe I certainly got my monies worth out of it, even assisted my commercial plowing friends but I could not stack with it.

The new winter wolf needs to be under 2000 to compete with a economy full angle plow.

8. 91 pathfinder

91 pathfinder Junior Member

all I could see from the picture, is that it is a linear actuator. You can get a 12 inch stroke, good for 110 pounds at Princess Auto, for $150 500 pound static load.

9. 91 pathfinder

91 pathfinder Junior Member

I think the 110 pound capacity actuator, is not enough, so Princess Auto does have a 500 pound capacity one with a 12 inch stroke, for $269. Anyone have any thoughts about how well this would work? I wonder if anyone has the specs for the snowbear one. I do not have much experience plowing, with last winter being my first, but I enjoyed it tremendously. I am looking for any modifications I can make to mine, to make it better, and any advice would be greatly appreciated

10. acornish

acornish Senior Member

im not sure but would think a 500lb actuator should do fine seeing as the whole 84 inch plow only weighs about 300 --- i too would love to know the specs on the one they use -- i have already thought about making the pivit assembly

11. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

new winterwolf lifting mech pics.

Hey guys I thought I'd post this so you all have a bit more info for this new actuator. I just bought the new winter wolf pro with the actuator. I think by looking into the actuator info in the pic you should be able to find out more info. I do know it is made just for snowbear, it says snowbear actuator on the top embossed into the metal.

img_2109.jpg

img_2108.jpg