1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Wings! Check These Out

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by danno, Jan 21, 2006.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

I just installed these on my 7 1/2 Fisher. They are HEAVY DUTY. Not like those "pro-wings". Made out of 1/4" plate, and are NOT attached by drilling a hole through the MOLDBOARD. They are made either for straight or V plows. They are "permanent" attached, or can be removed in 1 minute.

Check these out..www.eztechusa.com/subpage17.html
  2. jimslawns

jimslawns Junior Member
    from Mid MO

What did they run ya?
  3. danno

danno Senior Member

I was going to get the "removable" wings, but I recently made a back drag blade, and to install the wings would interfere with the wing brackets. So I installed the permanent angled ones.
    They attach to the end ribs with 3-4, 1/2" bolts. Total was 320.00. They still are easy to remove unbolting the bolts.
    The removable wings were about 20.00 more.

I talked to the co-owner of the company and just about walked me through installing them. Great service.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

How do they work with the trip edge design of the Fishers. I have an EZ-V and like how they have an application for a V plow. But what is special for Fishers?

Also can you take some pictures and post them?
  5. danno

danno Senior Member

They don`t interfere . They install just above the pin, for the trip edge, with a 1" thick adjustable rubber edge.
  6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You can also email me if you need any addition infor on the MegaScoops or Wings or what plows they fit.
    They will reduce your plowing times for sure.
    :rolleyes: John...

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

they look a lot nicer than pro wings.its ashame they are boxed instead of adding to the width of the blade like pro wings.how much are they?

8. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

John we have both the MegaScoops that enclose the ends of your plow and the MegaWings aka. EZ-UNI-V-K which will add about 12" per side when installed.
    They have been going for $335 plus shipping
    :rolleyes: John...
  9. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Heres a set from John I bought:

10. kyle volz

kyle volz Member
    from Midwest

Looks like we are just turning plows into pushers with the scoops. Should really help with straight plowing.
  11. ProfessionalTou

ProfessionalTou Junior Member

I bought these from mill supply. Price range from $259-$335. I haven't had a chance to really test them out.Tried them out last week on a lot with 1 -2 inches. Had to be careful when i was pushing snow over the curb.

12. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

what about these???? no bolts, run with them in or out...

13. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

I think the Pro wings will take more abuse the way they are mounted then the mega wings. What will keep them from folding backwards when you hit something solid at a good rate of speed. I caught the corner of a 2 yard dumpster this weekend at 10 mph and didn't hurt the wing at all...
  14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree, my pro wings seem stronger, cost less, and still allow windrowing, which you can't do with the box style. However I'm assuming the guys that bye these are only doing straight plowing.
  15. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying you would rather have a set up that allows no room for error ans tranmits and the impact like you mentioned directly to the plow, plow mount, truck frame, OR have a set up that will relive some the the energy from a hit at 10MPH allow the wing the return, plow trip and absorb energy?

You might not see any damage to the wing but what exactly do you think took the hit, the dumpster?

I am not trying to be an arse and I do think everything has its appliction but I have seen my share of damaged plows while visiting the local plow shop and I am not sure why guys stand around laughing at how hard they hit something in order to cause damage. :help:

Yes, the wings on the Blizzard give and allow the plow to trip if needed. Yes, a box plow/pusher box is great for huge large parking lots but you see these on LOADERs with serious weight behind it.

When I just want to move snow in a tight area I can pull in the wings in and run like a str8 blade. When I need to hold more snow in front of the plow and put the wings out and control where I want most of the snow to go. I just have found this plow to be very verisital and I have multiple cofiguration with the push of a button here or there.

There is no Silver bullet, everyones operation is different from the next. Just wanted to point out something that see obvious, it that if you can justify the need for wings why not get the best of both worlds.

BTW, if you are plowing and hitting stuff like that I hope you are wearing a Crash Helmet and are tightening up that jock strap. :dizzy:
  16. ronscofield

ronscofield Junior Member

I was wondering if you cut an angle on the rubber, if it would climb over a curb when you are pushing snow straight over a curb??
  17. danno

danno Senior Member

I bought mine from a dealer around here. I was debating which I wanted, "wing" type, or "box" type. I went with the "wing"type.

As far as Pro-Wings are concerned, if they are suppose to be "weak" in case you hit something, why do so many people "reinforce" them with metal brackets, so they won`t bend ? Defeats the purpose.
    The mega scoops are built tough. www.eztechusa.com/subpage17.html

For the owner of the company to call, and ask how you like them, is pretty good.
  18. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

i like the pro wing on the pro plus,, i can leave them on , driveways or lots, and no moving parts to jam and wear out, have to weld stops on,no springs,:cool:
  19. danno

danno Senior Member

They have wings that are removed with just pulling out a "pin". Just as fast as Pro Wings.

I just can`t see drilling a 1 " hole into the moldboard for the Pro Wings. :dizzy:
  20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Let me tell ya, I was a little scared at first drilling the 1" hole, but think of it this way, I see more guys with worse cuts in older mold boards then mine with a piece of steel welded in place.

I have a friend who bought an older plow that had a small rip in the mold broad, almost the size of my 1" hole, we took JB Weld and repaired it almost 5 years ago and it's holding up fine.

So point is, don't worry about the hole it's no big deal at all. :salute: